We met at the CS building to discuss the first steps of our project. After an intesive photoshoot to capture our freely flowing creative process, we soon arrived at a satisfactory title for our party: 3+4Dudes. After some brief discussion about blog-keeping tools, we began talking about the scope of our project.
Despite our previous research finding that [LIDAR] is a superior tool compared to our [SFM] tools, one of our group with experience in a company working with SFM technique protested: the company was of the opinion that SFM offers a sufficient degree of detail while being a lot faster and cheaper.
Objects vs Structures
- Inside vs outside
- Navigation inside stores
- Furniture positioning
- Appartement showings virtually
- Outside: architechture offices could hire a guy w/ drone to scout a location for a new building or expansion
- Maastonkartoitus peräkylille
- UNESCO virtual archive
- Take your belongings with you to the virtual world
- Did not think of good application ideas
- Human 3d-photography for officials and consumers